What can you do during quarantine?
The lockdown in Kazakhstan was extended until May 1. Therefore, people wonder what to do in self-isolation conditions.
To pass the time, we offer some useful links:
1. Many centers offer to join the free English, German and French languages courses. https://kazakh-tv.kz/en/view/society/page_210151_kazakhstantsev-priglashayut-na-besplatnye-onlainkursy-an
2. Fans of classical music can watch online performances of Astana Opera theatre’s artists by following their channel and social media.
Tomorrow, the artists will present online version of Scheherazade ballet, which you can watch here:
3. As part of NS-Music project, State Philharmonic of Nur-Sultan holds live performances on Instagram with support of mayoral office’s department of culture.
4. Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow, Metropolitan Opera in New York, Vienna State Opera, Berliner Philharmoniker and others continue to perform online.
5. Museums in Kazakhstan also provide virtual tours.
6. You can visit Louvre, Van Gogh Museum, British Museum, Vatican Museums, Metropolitan Museum of Art of New York City, Hermitage Museum and others online as well.
7. You can also watch films of various genres, do sports or read books online.
8. An experienced coach from Nur-Sultan holds free Street Workout online trainings.
9. Assembly of People of Kazakhstan launched a cooking challenge. You can find recipe videos in the link below. However, those who do not speak Russian would have to follow YouTube’s autogenerated translation and watch the action closely.
The quarantine is not a reason to despair, but an opportunity to increase knowledge and to take a break from the routine.